Monday, March 21, 2016

31/100

For the second time in 18 months, I'll say this: It's incredible to me how different my life is than it was 2 months ago. Partnering up with people can have a profound effect on the day to day life in good ways and bad. Largely how good or bad depends on the person I think, but even then, I will say that my limited experience with being un-partnered is vastly superior to my life while partnered. Life on my own is a grand adventure and I'm free to meet all manner of interesting people.

I have been doing that some, lately. Tinder is pretty fun. I have historically met people at bars (I can't help it, I like to take myself out for drinks, I'm naturally gregarious, I talk to people, it just happens), and it has generally not worked out. I was hesitant to venture into the world of meeting people online after hearing tales rudeness and crassness beyond measure. I was pleasantly surprised to find that most of my matches have been generally decent and nice. The lewdest message I've received thus far has been "Hey pretty lady, do you have long sexy legs?" It was worthy of an eyeroll and a "really? thats all you got?" I didn't respond and I don't intend to. No sense in rewarding dumb behavior. 

Anyway, all I really have to say is that I'm loving life, I'm meeting extraordinary people, and I look forward to more of the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment